Saturday 24 January 2009

Just messin'

I was playing around with my Cuttlebug Divine Swirls folder and a piece of black card, with a specific idea in mind.
Well as you can see, the idea kind of evolved and turned into something completely different!!
I'm ALWAYS doing this! I visualise a card in my head, and the end result is a total mutant!
Anyone else out there that this happens to? Or is it just me! LOL

Well, here's my 'mutant' card (with no sign of the Divine swirls anywhere)!...........

The DP is part of a gift from the lovely and really talented Michelle. Isn't it gorgeous!
Matted onto black card, (the only remnant from my first idea).
I had to use my brand new Cuttlebug corners too. This one is my favourite.
They all work brilliantly in my Big Shot too!
The sentiment is from a PennyBlack stamp.


Thanks for coming over!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Vi....I love it..those corners are so `pretty`..
Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)~X~

Natalie said...

This is lovely Viv. I start out sometimes with a very specific idea but the card never turns out that way. x

Linda Crowder said...

Is it the dies that interchange between the Big Shot and Cuttlebug? I wish you would do an article about how that all works...but it may not be GREEK to anyone else! lol I still have a lot to learn but I know this: your card is very pretty. Thanks for letting us see it. It is good to "improvise". Linda Crowder Dallas TX USA

Anonymous said...

Lovely and elegant--and no it's not a mutant!

Handcrafted With Love said...

Wow Superb card Viv and you've made it so much more striking by adding the red ribbon. Lovely paper too. Well Done.

Love Pam xx

Jackie said...

I am always doing it Viv, I never end up with what I first visualised :o)
Another superb card and the dash of red on the B&W is just right :o)
Jackie xx

Tracey said...

Another stunning card and the red ribbon really sets it off.

>