Thursday 5 March 2015

For Mum

Hi friends!
Long time no post. Sorry, but things are happening here and I will tell you all about it soon.
(It's all good, so don't worry).

OK, onto my latest DT card for In The Pink.

Challenge #64.....For a special lady 

We have a whopping £15 voucher for the random winner chosen from our Perfect Pinkies picked next time, donated by the fabulous.....

http://www.diestodiefor.com/

Whoo hoo!!!
(exclusive of shipping costs of course).

I was going to make a card for my grand-daughter, but changed my mind and decided to make a card in memory of my wonderful exasperating mum, who I lost 5 years ago.
This is just the type of card she would have loved to receive, 
so if you're looking down Mum, this is for you! 


The rose picture is actually a die cut sticker label from Papermania's 'Botanicals' collection.
The 'MUM' was made with MFT alphabet dies.
The scroll border was made with an EK Success punch.
The embossing was done with a Couture Creations 'Candy Stripe' folder.
Flowers from my stash and Bob's your uncle!

Well that's it from me today buddies.
Please pop over to my good buds at In The Pink to see what gorgeous cards they have made to inspire and delight and get all the details on entering our challenges.
We'd love you to play along with us too of course, (I'm always on the look-out for inspiration).

We have our Facebook page too, do join us there.

https://www.facebook.com/InThePinkChallengeBlog

Back soon and thanks for visiting today.
I love your visits and of course your comments warm my heart.

sig

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Lovely card Viv! The rose is so pretty and the way you've designed the card and your colours, it's very chic and has a hint of nostalgia. Very pretty... I like the contrast of the dark and light pinks too.

Christine L said...

Hi there hon!
Your card in memory of your lovely Mum is fabulous (and what a nice thought btw)! Loving that beautiful rose image... and wowwwwwww to those perfect flowers and the gorgeous scroll border! All put together soooooooo very well.. a really old fashioned feel card - and I love it!

Hugs
Christine x

Debs said...

This is so beautiful Viv - the image is gorgeous and I love the border die.
Debs xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Viv, These are so hard when this time of year come by. I lost mine in 1982 long time ago, I was really young. You did a stunning job, love the way you have framed the rose in. Love the die cut and your roses you made are so pretty.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Beth Norman said...

Your mum would be proud to see your work. I often wish my dad lived long enough to see that I blog and am busy with DT work. He wasn't living when I stamped. I wonder if you were in the same situation. What a darling card.

Leslie Miller said...

This is so beautifully balanced in color and form. You did a lovely job. And what a sweet notion to make a card for the mother you keep in your heart. That's a gorgeous image and I love the die cut border.

Jackie said...

Oh wow Viv, I cannot believe it is 5 years already!
What a gorgeous card Viv, love that beautiful image :o)
Jackie xx

Kat W said...

Any Mum would be delighted to receive this beautiful card, I just love the vintage style and those luscious flowers :-)
I really love pink and green together too - so pretty.

Big hugs, Kat xx

Vannessa said...

Lovely card Viv and I'm sure your mum would have loved it too!

Hugs, Vannessa x

Kim H said...

Viv ~ I am in tears! I am so sorry that your mum has not been with you for 5 years... HUGE HUGS coming! I get it with my dad.. dang their love is always with us!
I think your mum would have been tickled pink to receive this GORGEOUS card! WOW! Simply STUNNING as always! <3 ya sweet friend!

>