Tuesday 3 November 2009

Peachy Keen Challenge #15

WHAT a week and it's only Tuesday!!!!!!
Firstly I'm chosen to be on the new DT for 'Card for Men', then I have my début as Mercy's November Guest Muse and now it's time for another Peachy Keen Challenge. Whoo Hoo, WHAT a ride!
Am I lucky or WHAT!

OK, let's crack on with the latest Peachy Keen Challenge.

This week we have a sketch for you......
  Create a card or project with the sketch, upload in Mr. Linky on the Peachy Keen blog and you are in with a chance of winning a great prize! You have until  midnight Sunday, CST on 15th November. BAGS of time!
You don't have to use Peachy Keen stamps to play along, in fact, you don't need to use a stamp at all.
While you're there, take a look at the fantastic creations the other DT members have come up with!

Here's mine.......

This is my very first easel card. (Can't seem to photograph the true colours on this one).
I saw one when a group of us visited Monk's Den craft shop in Ashby-de-la-Zouch. (Don'cha just LOVE that name)!
I used one of my favourite snowman, PK-306a. He's such a cutie! I also used the sentiment from the set, PK-311, 'Snowmany Thanks'.
Matted onto oval Nesties, which  keep the card upright.
The DP are Papermania's, 'Home for Christmas'.
I've used red gems for holly berries around the 'wreath'. (Created with a McGill punch called 'Pine').
It's almost identical to the MS Branch punch!
The red ribbon is a lot more vibrant IRL. Can't get a decent photo of this card and it's driving me mad!
The instructions for this card can be found here. Posted by the SCS hostess. Lynn in St Louis.
Remember, if you post to SCS, please use the keywords PKS or peachy keen stamps. For SNR it's pks or peachykeenstamps.

Have a fabulous Tuesday....I AM!

Viv xx

11 comments:

Janice W. said...

What a fantastic easel card! That snowman is one of my favorites too! You did an awesome job coloring him and I love the wreath you created with the branches and bling! I look forward to seeing all of your creations!!
:) Janice

Carol<>< said...

Viv, I love what you did with this sketch. the colors are great! and gotta love the pedestal...
have a good one!
Carol<><

Lorie said...

WOW Viv!! You're full of all kinds of exciting news!! Congratulations to you, and I love your challenge card!! This easel card is awesome!!! Those rich colors in the DP are gorgeous, and I love that little snowman! I love the new look of your blog too! Big hugs to you my friend, and once again Congratulations to you, but I'm not a bit surprised!!

Love Ya!
Lorie

Christine said...

Hi Viv many congrats AGAIN fabby card gorgeous dp's.. very clever easel card not tried this yet...

Hugs Christine xx

Beth Norman said...

Such a lovely card. Congratulations on your good news. The team is so lucky to have you on board.

Natalie said...

I love this style of card. This is gorgeous. x

thread-bare said...

Wow Viv this is gorgeous. I just love doing Easel cards they are so effective xx Clare x

issy said...

I just love those backing papers Viv... n I love the card too. it looks real classy...

issy

Ila said...

Your easel card is Gorgeous...(it's on my to-do list to make one as well)..Congrats on the DT spot...they are so lucky to have you!!...Hugs, Ila

Oma said...

I've been wanting to make an easel card but didn't know how! Thanks for the link Viv! I really like your card and I can never seem to get a good pic of my cards either. They look much nicer IRL.

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

Dear Sweet Vivienne.. I SO LOVE this card! Your coloring is divine - paper choices are perfect and then in an easel card for the layout - just awesome! We couldn't be any luckier than to have you on our team!! Congratualations again on all of your exciting news! Hugs my friend! Love, Kathy

>