Wednesday 16 April 2008

It's Wednesday and all's nearly well!

It's been a bit of a hectic week for me since I last 'blogged'!
Went to Derbyshire (it's only the next county, but it's an hour and a half to where I was going).
A friend of mine had got us some Bazzill card at a really good price and rather than wait 'till we met up with her at the next Derby Dabblers meeting, Pam and I tore over there to get our hands on it!!! If the Bazzill manufacturers, by some fantastic co-incidence, happen to be reading my blog...(yeah right), PLEEEEZ make it in A4 size too. There's enough of us here 'over the pond' to warrent it surely. ;)
Right, begging letter sent, on to Alan..(hubby).
He was supposed to be riding his bike to Cornwall from Monday to Thursday, so Pam and I got together for a crafting day yesterday, (used Monday to make the place presentable). Got a phone call from him yesterday afternoon telling me he'd come off his bike and he'd damaged his ribs and knee. He's OK but battered and bruised, as is his bike and crash helmet. He's going to Gibralter in 6 weeks!!!! I'm going to be a bag of nerves. Made sure he was OK (ish) with some TLC before heading off to Andrea's crafting class at the Farm Gate Craft Shop. It IS really for beginners, but Pam and I really enjoyed getting away from it all and just having some 'us' time.
We made two cards, which I've destroyed 'coz I put them both together while the stickles glitter glue was still wet. DOH!!! Never mind, I've got the stamp so can easily replicate it if I want.
I am now going to do a challenge card or two as Alan has settled down and things are finally quiet. Watch this space! lol

5 comments:

Maria's Cards said...

Hi Viv, Sorry to hear about your Hubby. I hope he is ok. Look forward to seeing your cards. Maria x

Diane.W. said...

O my gosh,Viv!!! Hope poor Alan is ok!
Think you need to make more cards,to relax,lol!!!! ;O)x

Suzanne said...

Gosh glad he is not badly hurt will he be OK for his trip? Sounds like you had some fun...maybe you will be getting your dog sooner than you thought!!! sue :o)

Julie said...

Hi Viv, Glad your husband wasn't too badly hurt. Just stopped by to say thanks very much for your comments re the craft club. You're such a sweetie.

Judy Rozema said...

So glad your DH is okay!! And I am glad you found my blog so I could find yours! I have been to the UK but not Cheshire -- going to Ireland this next month. Too bad it's with a group or I would hope across and meet you!

>