Friday 20 September 2013

It's Friday and a new challenge at Peachy Keen!

Yep! 
And it took me a a little while to get my head round this challenge.
BUT!! It's easy really. (If it was TOO easy, it wouldn't be a challenge, would it).

Here's what you have to do. 
Create a 3D object of your choice following the theme Pot-luck. Ever gone to a pot-luck and had no clue what a dish might be? Here is your chance to make an item to give a heads up of what your dish is. It could be toppers, placards, a banner, or anything else that sparks your creativity! 
Or maybe you have an awesome way to display your dish, that would work too. 
Use your amazing creativity to make a run with this challenge!! 
We'll be awarding "TOP PEACH" to the player who uses their Peachy Keen Stamps this week and  our two runner ups will receive a spiffy badge to display on their blog!

Guidelines:
- Design must be new
- Link up by 9/25- 11:59 pm EST


Here's MY take on this challenge.........
 My Apple card is an SVG, PKPP-SVG-08
The cute face is from PK-490-3 4" 'Every Day Character Faces'
I sponged the card with Memento 'Bamboo Leaves' and Rose Bud'. 
I sponged the basket strips (before I assembled it) with Rangers Antique Linen.
I used white acrylic paint for her eyes and the irises were done with a Copic marker.
I
I had a template for a picnic basket and I thought..... apple pie!
Well, it won't exactly fit an apple pie in, but it did fit 4 baking apples! 
(I reckon I could have got another one in there)!
I printed out some digital gingham paper and tied a gingham bow to the handle.
My grand daughter Teigan LOVES it.
She visited yesterday and I gave it to her. 

Now! Are you up for the challenge? Of COURSE you are!
If you are short on inspiration, please wander over to the Peachy Keen Blog 
where you'll find it in abundance from my DT friends.
OR!!!!
Head on over to the new all singing, all dancing Peachy Keen Website to the new home of the Challenges.
You will find this challenge over there as well as the old PK blog.
Pretty soon everything will be moved to the new site, 
so if you haven't already, please register at the new one.
Your old registration doesn't work.

I look forward to seeing all your projects.
Enjoy your weekend...it's almost here!!
sig

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Viv, this is absolutely brilliant, no wonder Teigan loves it :o)
Love,
Jackie xx

Nancy said...

Wow!! That's a fabulous project, Vivienne! I love it! :o)

sweetpeaemmalou said...

So fabulous! Love that it will hold four apples! Too cool!

Marisa said...

That basket is adorable and just love the apple too :)

Beth Norman said...

Wow, you've outdone yourself Viv. The apple is such a cutie, but that basket takes my breath away.

Kim H said...

Viv ~ this basket is ADORABLE!! I LOVE everything about it! I bet that little one loved that basket ( btw LOVE her name!!!). Fabulous as always! Wait didn't you just make a pie?? I saw it on FB!! LOL!

>