Sunday 11 March 2012

At last!!! A CARD!

Flippin' Heck! I thought my mojo had emigrated for a while there!
They say that there's always a silver lining to every cloud don't they?
Well it's true in my case, 'coz I've broken my big toe, *OUCH*
BUT! It means I'm more or less confined to my craft room.....(the silver lining). Hee Hee
I wanted to play along in the Peachy Keen challnges for a while,
but as my mojo was missing, I just KEPT thinking about it and did nothing.
Until now!
This is quite strange for me, 'coz I'm on the other side of the counter now that there's a new DT.

My card was made using my favourite PK stamp set PK-277, 'Vivienne and friends'.
It has to be my favourite, 'coz it was made especially for ME by Kathy,
(to cheer me up after my breast cancer surgery, two years ago this month)!
WOW how time has flown!

I tried to make that cute little doggie look as much like Harvey as possible. 
You can see a picture of him on my side bar near the top.
The background is pre-printed on A4 card with the stone wall and clouds.
The trees and two of the clouds are cut from MFT dies.
(I cut the wall so I could slot the tree inside).
The grass is made by the Martha Stewart grass punch.

I'm entering this card into two challenges... 
and

I will be back tomorrow with another card I made for a friend's birthday.
Have a wonderful Sunday and thanks for sticking with me!
sig

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

your card is so pretty

Saundra said...

Oh , I love your little scene, Viv! Your coloring is amazing! I'm so sorry to hear about your toe but so glad you have your mojo back! Thanks for linking up at PKS!

~Hugs,
Saundra :)

Kim said...

yowza! that sucks. But glad you are creating with your recovery time.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a sweet card.. And you did such a good job making the dog look like Harvey..

Marisa said...

Ouch! It's amazing how much we need out big toe for isn't it! Hope it heals quickly, or maybe it knew you needed to spend some time in your craft room to get the old mojo back ;)

Darling card and I can't believe it's been two years already! Have a great week :)

Electra said...

I know what it's like to lose your mojo-it looks like it's returned! This is so precious! Thanks for playing along at Opus Gluei!

Debby said...

Wow, Viv, love this card. Anyone would love to get this cheerful card in the mail.
Sorry to hear about your toe but like you said a silver lining there. Playing in the craftroom!
angel hugs
Debby

Jackie said...

Ouch Viv, what have you got against your toes?
A delightful card, good to see you are making again.....hugs
Didn't we have a great day at your's last weekend :o)
Love, Jackie xx

Unknown said...

hiya sweetie...yep me gonna be neing nicey nicey cause youhave a very sore foot..this is a superb litle card..and i do hope you will heal soon sending healing hugs gentle ones sweets..love & hugs sassyx

Michelle said...

This is absolutely tooooo cute ! You always do such awesome work! I love looking at your cards! thanks for linking up with us at Peachy Keen this week !!!!

www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Jennie Garcia said...

This is gorgeous!! Your cards are always so spectacular!! Those rocks turned out amazing!! So cute, that little girl!!
Thanks for Playing with us @ PKS!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Beautiful card, this is one of my favorite Peachy Keen sets. Sorry to hear about your toe, that sounds painful :(

Gayle said...

Your card is lovely!!!

DoBea A. said...

Viv, this is such a wonderful card! I adore the scene you made. Sorry about your toe and I hope the pain goes away quickly!! Hugs from the states!

Janice W. said...

It is a favorite set of mine too, because I think of you whenever I use it! Beautiful card and beautiful YOU! Love you Viv! :) Janice

Linda Fisher said...

Hi Viv, so glad you're mojo has returned BUT so sorry it had to be a broken toe to find it!!! Your card is ADORABLE!

Deena said...

this card is fabulous...glad you found your mojo, sad you broke your toe...thanks for joining in the Opus Gluei branching out challenge!

Rosemary said...

I'm sorry you are hurt, but wonderful that you are "confined" to your craft room - I need to go and do something to get myself confined as well!

Your card is lovely, so happy and just enough whimsy to make the recipient smile smile smile!

I love that this set has dear meaning for you. It's also grand that you honored Harvey in your creation.

Thank you for sharing this with us at Opus Gluei, I really hope you return for more challenges with us!

Renee said...

Ahhhhhh how sweet! All your cards are so beautiful! Wish we lived closer so we could play!

>