Monday 19 April 2010

Copic Colour Challenge meets The Fairy Fun Friday Challenge, Lili Of The Valley and exciting news!!!

Firstly, my exciting news!!!.......... I've been chosen as a DT member for the Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge blog! I'm SO pleased and can't WAIT to get started along with the other uber talented DT members.
Bring it on!!!



Now for this card......I made this with the  Fairy Fun Friday Challenge in mind and coincidentally, coloured him in the almost exact same colours needed for the  Copic Colour Challenge #60. I love it when I have a happy accident. Don't you? Isn't this stamp gorgeous!! It's by Lili of the Valley and called 'Lazy Afternoon'.
I don't have Y23. I coloured his hair with Y28. I did use the other two colours though. (You don't have to have an exact match. Just the nearest thing). It's also eligble for the Lili of the Valley blog challenge.
The 'sky' is sponged with SU's Bashful Blue and the DP is from DCWV.. 'Nana's Nursery'.
The ribbon is also SU. The sentiment I stamped in the image frame is from a set called 'Ticketed' by Stampology. I just used one of the sentiments without the actual ticket stamp.
I produced the bottom myself off the PC and attached it with eyelets and twine.
I'm a bit chuffed with this one and it is going to my grandson for his birthday next month.

Thanks for calling by
Viv xxx

22 comments:

icelady said...

Pure gorgeousness Viv, so glad you are feeling a bit more like you now. x x x

Christine said...

Hi Viv many congrats on your DT post well done..love this male card fab image beautiful colouring..

Hugs Christine xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Viv, congratulations of achieving another DT job, and your card is gorgeous and so beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

Janice W. said...

Congrats Viv on the new DT position! They are lucky to have you, for sure!! Your card is perfect! That image is so cute and I love your color palette!
Hugs, Janice

Love crafts forever said...

Wow. Congratulations Viv on your DT. I know you will do awesome job. You are very good at .

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Viv, Congratulations on achieving the DT at Prairie Fairy. I am looking forward to working with you. Your have an adorable blog.
Hugs, fellow DT Suzi x

Marisa said...

Congrats on the DT position, Viv :D How fun! Love the card. Precious image and fabulously coloured. Love the "happy accident" phrase - going to have to keep that in my vocabulary :D

Wishcraft said...

Fab card, love the image and papers you've used. Congrats on your DT position - you'll have a great time on Roberta's DT :o) Lisa x

Unknown said...

Congratulations Viv, very well deserved. Beautiful card, love this cute image and your colouring is fab.

Barbaraxx

Julie said...

Lovely card Viv, and congrats on your DT position.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new DT position. Hope you're not leaving us on Peachy Keen Stamps though {blink}
Your card is gorgeous as always my friend. HUGS...SK :)

My Creative Time said...

NOOOOOO Viv, I hope you don't leave us:( :) Congrats on your new DT position! They are lucky to have the BESTEST CREATIVE lady in the whole craft world!!:) Your card is BEAUTIFUL my friend!!
Big Congrats Hugs,
Emma:)

Jackie said...

The sentiment says it all PERFECT, absolutely brilliant :o)
Congratulations on your new DT role, you will be a great asset to the team :o)
Jackie xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh boy I am loving this so much Viv that image and your design are just pure perfection a big congratulations on joining the DT at PFF and thank you for joining our challenge this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Donnas Den said...

Lovely card, Viv. I think these Lily of the Valley images are perfect for our CFM challenges. Might have to buy some, lol.

Donna xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hello Viv,

Congratulations on being chosen for the Prairie Fairy DT. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and to working with you on the DT. Can't wait to get started with the team!

Hugs,
Linda

Cor* said...

Congrats on making the DT !! Look forward to working with you! This card is the cutest with the sentiments placed just right! Great job with the FFF challenge !

CarlaKH said...

Soo pretty! Congrats to you too and looking forward to working with you!

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous honey, you have done a fab job with the sketch, love the sweet image and fab colours too, thanks for joining us at "Lili of the Valley" this week big hugs Pops x x x

Unknown said...

So sweet viv! Love it!

Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays this week!

xoxoxox

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

What a beautiful and sweet card!... Many Lili of the Valley stamps are sooo gorgeous - and this is a great example of that! :)

Have a great day! Hugs, Hege

issy said...

The sentiment says it all my friend,

Just Perfect

x
issy

>