Monday 3 August 2009

Happy anniversary

I made this for my son Danny's 3rd wedding anniversary on Wednesday.



It was mine and DH's Pearl Wedding Anniversary yesterday.
Danny came over Saturday evening and took us out to dinner at our favourite Chinese restaurant and we had a lovely evening.(Sara couldn't make it as she was helping out in her parent's restaurant in Kegworth. (I recommend you pay a visit to 'The Cottage', if your ever in the village. The food is amazing, as it's truly home made from scratch. Not bought in stuff and re-heated).
Then yesterday, two of my other sons, Barry and Ben came round, which made my day. It would have been a full set of all four sons at once, but Paul is still on holiday in France.

All in all, it was a perfect weekend. Still wondering where those 30 years went so quickly!!

Right! Onto the card....

I CASED THIS gorgeous card (made by robertachic), that I found looking for inspiration on SCS.
I don't really know how to 'CASE' so hope I've done it right.

I used a background I found by chance in The Crafter's Kitchen. What an amazing blog!
It has the most beautiful, delicate cards you ever saw!
Jak very generously scatters freebies around her fab blog and that's how I found this gorgeous paper. Take a trip over to her blog, (if you haven't already), you will LOVE it!

I found the sentiment on the web and mixed my fonts up a bit.
Added a bit of white satin ribbon and voila!

So, thank you robertachic and Jak! It's your card really!!


17 comments:

Rach said...

A beautiful card. very elegant. hugs rachxx

Guess who! said...

Ahem, couldn't help but notice that on your profile you forgot to mention you also have a granson on the way! :p

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

It's beautiful Viv - I love the wording ;)

debinicol said...

this is simply elegant. The words say it all...very nice!

icelady said...

Wow Viv that is so loverly :-)

Unknown said...

OOOPS!! I've put THAT right straight away! LOL

Roberta said...

I love your card! It's gorgeous. I am honored that you chose my card to case. THANK YOU! -Roberta

Natalie said...

Beautiful card and sentiment Viv. x

Beth Norman said...

Happy anniversary. Lovely card. Glad you enjoyed a night out together.

Tasha said...

Very elegant!! Beautiful, Hugs, Tash xxxxx

Jackie said...

It's so beautiful Viv, it is so classy :o)
Jackie xx

Stamping Moments said...

Like jackie says, Its so Classy, Hugs jenny x

Frances said...

Aww this is gorg Viv & Happy Anniversary to you & hubby too! xx

Cindy Haffner said...

So elegant Viv!

Silke Ledlow said...

Viv - this card is so gorgeous and elegant!!! Love it!!! Hugs ~S~

Lorie said...

Oh Viv! This is such and elegant and classy card! Just gorgeous!! Congratulations on your anniversary! It sounds like you celebrated in the best way ever... with your family!!

issy said...

This is one classy card Viv.. just perfect. I agree with you about Jaks blog,, Im an avid follower..

issy

>